Recreation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recreation

We can't put in 24-7, we have fun instead...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Netty and Runcible --- accepted ---

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
netty

Netty and Runcible --- accepted --- Empty
PostSubject: Netty and Runcible --- accepted ---   Netty and Runcible --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeThu 30 Oct 2008, 7:57 pm

>What is your character’s name? (If you’re not on Argent Dawn, tell us which server you are on now, please.)

I have two characters (both on AD) that I play, and can't decide which is the main and which is the alt. Netty is my feral druid. While she's always happy to slink around as a cat, she's really more of a bear sort of cow. Runcible is my priest healer.

>Recreation is founded for people with certain premises. Knowing who we are, how does this match your wishes or goals with WoW?

A good match, I hope! I enjoy WoW, and spend a lot of time playing, but other things (work, family etc) come first.

>How do our ambitions sound to you?

Not grand enough! I want to see it all, and do everything and be the best... once the kids are in bed, of course, and after I've had dinner, and maybe not tonight because I've got an early start in the morning, but eventually...

>Do our rules suit you?

Netty thinks they are very wise and sensible, Runcible muttered something like "Pah, you call those rules?" and wandered of to smite a rabbit.

>Which role do you prefer to play; tank, healer, or damage dealer?

Netty = tank (or melee dps), Runcible = healer

>Do you enjoy PvE raiding?

I've had very little raiding experience, and that only recently (since raids have become PuGable), however I've found I really enjoy it. I'm getting more confident in Kara, and Runcible has recently done Gruuls and 4 bosses in SSC.

>Do you enjoy PvP?

Yes, but I prefer it in smallish doses. I ran a lot of BGs with Netty to get gear (Frostwolf exalted certainly felt like a lot) and that burned me out a bit, but I'm looking forward to the new PvP stuff in WotLK.

>Do you know anyone in Recreation?

A few names are familiar from PuG instances. Netty and Craymeister have certainly done some heroics together (I also used to play a warlock called Wormskull, now nearly mindless and locked in a Shattrath cellar making bolts of cloth and strange enchantments).

>Feel free to add anything that you would like us to know about you. Smile

I live in Bristol, UK, with my wife and 2 daughters (one 2 years, the other 5 months!). I used to get out more, which included playing tabletop RPGs with friends. When child #1 appeared I started playing WoW as a replacement, and once the family are all fed and the kids are in bed, I'll usually log on for 2 or 3 hours. This sometimes leads to unpredictability, which I've always felt has ruled me out of being in a raiding guild. I'm hoping that Recreation will give me the chance to raid and see more content without making demands that I can't commit to owing to teething issues.
Back to top Go down
Tyliena
Tyliena

PostSubject: Re: Netty and Runcible --- accepted ---   Netty and Runcible --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2008, 2:33 am

Hello and welcome to the forums! Smile

The problem with commitment you mention is the pure reason we founded this guild. Spontaneously I like the sound of your application, but could you please explain further what you mean that our ambitions are not grand enough?
Back to top Go down
netty

PostSubject: Ambitions   Netty and Runcible --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeFri 31 Oct 2008, 1:30 pm

Hi Tyliena, thanks for your reply!

I should have put a big smiley after the "Not grand enough!" It was just meant as a kind of joke that while I want to see what happens when Kil'Jaeden dies, and I'd love to take on Arthas one day, I'm sometimes lucky to get the fishing daily done. I've also got a bit of that quite-new-to-raiding buzz of wanting to do more and more...

Aside from my tendency to let my ambitions run away from reality a bit (or a lot!), I do usually set myself achievable goals. As I've not been part of a raiding guild before, these have pretty much always been gear related (current goals are to get Netty the S2 chest from BGs and the Commendation trinket from Heroic MgT), or just about getting better at playing the game.

Looking ahead to the expansion, I guess my "raiding" ambition is to follow the 10-man content path as far as I can and see as much of the game as possible, hopefully all the way to Arthas!
Back to top Go down
Shatrokva
Admin
Admin
Shatrokva

PostSubject: Re: Netty and Runcible --- accepted ---   Netty and Runcible --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeSat 01 Nov 2008, 9:09 pm

You sound like a person that might be suited for our somewhat relaxed playstyle. We might need to sharpen things at 80 though since the opposition will be much harder there. But you are very welcome in joining us the the hunt for that level in two weeks, and the easymode raids before that too of course. Whisper Shatrokva/Wortmar/Tyliena/Artow/Kraar and we'll invite you.
Back to top Go down
https://recreation.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Netty and Runcible --- accepted ---   Netty and Runcible --- accepted --- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Netty and Runcible --- accepted ---
Page 1 of 1