Recreation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recreation

We can't put in 24-7, we have fun instead...

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guild application --- accepted ---

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Solaré

Guild application --- accepted --- Empty
PostSubject: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2008, 5:48 pm

Character name (Main):
Umm.. this isn't quite as easy a question as it should be.. Let me explain.

I currently have 4 level 70 characters:
Stormme: Hunter - for many years MM but recently respeced to BM
Elishara: Paladin - Holy with Kara experience, mostly purple equipment
Solará: Warlock - Affliction spec - all blue gear, trying to get this one into Kara at the moment
Chewy: Shaman - Enhancement - My first Hoard character - a few blues, mostly greens but well loved.

A slew of others: - Ganafré 66 Shadow Priest, Thornne 65 Feral Druid, Alishara 52 fire mage.

Now of these I couldn't call any of them a 'main' since I choose the best character for what I want to do at that moment, I level the others when I have nothing else to do etc. At the moment I am spending most of my time with Solaré and Ganafré.

How do our ambitions sound to you?

They sound perfect. I am currently a member of a guild which also does Karazhan, but I find that my personal commitments (family, work etc) make it difficult to get a spot. Their rules are slightly different in that I could (and do) sign up weeks in advance but may not be picked because someone with better equipment also signed up. Unfortunately it's the needs of the raid not the needs of the member that are considered first.

Do our rules suit you?

They seem perfectly reasonable, infact it's what I'm used to - Omen threat meter, boss mods, dot timers etc and of course consumables.

Which role do you prefer to play; tank, healer, or damage dealer?

As you can see from my list of characters most are damage dealers. I've never managed to get a tank very far, though I do have one healer and have toyed with the idea of changing my Shadow Priest to Holy when she gets to 70. I'm flexible really, which is why I have so many characters, I prefer to do a good job, be useful and have fun that to lock myself into a single roll.

Do you enjoy PvE raiding?

Absolutely! This is the whole reason for this application. As mentioned above I am currently guilded to Oathforged. A great group of people who in many ways are similar to how you descibe this guild. Quite small hence they have a pact with two other guilds to go Kara raiding. Unfortunately although I have been with them for a long time and am a guild officer I find that I just can't progress any further with them. I spend most of my time these days trying to PUG groups or levelling new characters to progress somewhere.

Do you enjoy PvP?

Sorry no. I actually think I'm just mentally not suited to PvP, I get flustered and stressed.. and die very quickly. Perhaps more experience is needed, though I have little incentive to struggle through.

Do you know anyone in Recreation?

No I don't think I've had that pleasure yet. I may have run into someone in a PUG but nothing springs to mind.

Feel free to add anything that you would like us to know about you.

Me.. Well I'm married, have a full time job, a 3 year old son and a proto sprogg on the way. yay! Smile
I've been playing the game pretty much since it came out. I started on the Alliance side then moved over to the Horde when my first guild disbanded and have been here ever since. I was recruited into the Oathforged about 3 years ago I guess.

I'm currently still a member of Oathforged and will remain so until I have found a suitable alternative and had a chance to say farewell properly.

If possible I would like an opportunity to join a couple of raids with you guys to get to know you a little better and for you all to get to know me. If you like what you have read and are interested in such a meeting please feel free to contact me in game or via email.

Finaly.. This is just a tecnical problem not really part of the application but I'd like to mention it.
When I tried to create an account on your forum I was told that my Char name 'Stormme' and my email address david-chandler-at-sky-dot-com (mangled for bot reasons) was already in use. Could you look into that? My email address at least should not be registered here.
Back to top Go down
Shatrokva
Admin
Admin
Shatrokva

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2008, 10:07 pm

This is the kind of application and persons this guild was created for. As to the dps role you are aiming at that suits our needs very well. Wich of your characters will you be raiding with the most? As it is now we don't have any plans of doing in guild 25 man raids, but we have a promising cooperation with Chaosd Knights, is that something that you are interested in? We currently raid once a week and try to keep it on the same day, but since most of us are friends we wing it a bit, but this will probably change now when people get back from vacations and such.

I really don't have anything else to add, I'll check with Tyliena and the officers if they have some thoughts, it shouldn't take very long.

Thanks for your well written application will get back to you shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://recreation.darkbb.com
Tyliena
Tyliena

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeSat 02 Aug 2008, 10:11 pm

Hello! Welcome to the forums and thank you for your nice application. It feels sincere and will of course be treated the same.

Spontaneously I really like your attitude and I recognize the feel to progress. Many of us are also in the same real life situation like you, which is very good. We give and need understanding for situations that come with the parental life. Smile

With one or two more DPSers we are in the position to guild Karazhan raids completely, which would be very nice. We could of course arrange a guest raid event for you so we can get a closer look at each other. Whisper Shatrokva/Wortmar in game to find out when we are going, or we'll just keep an eye out for you. You could whisper me too, but Shatrokva is the raid leader. We have the calendar here at the forums, but recently we have just announced messages of the day or even talked in /g chat about when to raid.

About the registration. Someone else had the same problem, but we never understood why. We solved it though, by deleting the email address registered. If I checked now, I would probably see that your address is registered already. It's weird, maybe something wrong with the forums, a double clicked registration button, or whatever. Anyway, whatever the problem is, it won't stand in our way. Smile Just let us know if you have problems with it and we'll sort it.

Since you have so many characters, which one would you like to bring to Karazhan for a little trial raid? We currently have a full tank team, as well as a healer team, so DPS would be best. I find it most suitable that you are into damage dealing. Wink
Back to top Go down
Shatrokva
Admin
Admin
Shatrokva

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 2:21 am

I agree, warm welcome to recreation I hope you'll like it here. Look for me, Tyliena, Wortmar or Kraar online and we'll invite you to the guild.
Back to top Go down
https://recreation.darkbb.com
Tyliena
Tyliena

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeSun 03 Aug 2008, 2:45 am

You have asked for a guest trial run before a decision is made, but from our side it's a yes, we accept your application already. Let us know when you want the guest run, or if you change your mind about the guest run and want to change guilds at once. Anyway, just whisper us. Smile

Application accepted.
Back to top Go down
Solaré

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 3:20 am

Thank you all for your warm welcome and kind words.

For DPS I would say that my Warlock is Kara ready, though I'm still the second key fragment short, not that this would be a problem these days but I'm trying each night to get the last piece. My hunter should be fine as well, though I have only recently moved to BM so he is untried in this spec.

I'm trying hard to get my Shadow priest up to 70 at the moment and from what you describe of your raid makup at the moment she may be best for you in the long run. Shackle (very good for the moroes fight), mana and health passive generation and pretty good dps.

My only plans this week is a heroic instance run that I have been asked to attend on Thursday.

I will read these forums daily so if you let me know when you plan to raid next I will keep that day free.

Thank you all once more, I look forward to meeting you all in-game.
Back to top Go down
Tyliena
Tyliena

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 9:02 am

All three classes are good and very useful to us. In the end it's all about what you think is the most fun to play though. Smile You are right about that a shadow priest would be truly wonderful for the reasons you mentioned.

We can easily arrange a fragment run for you, if you don't get around to do it before we get the chance.

I have recently studied the BM hunter; shot rotations and pet usage. In case you are interested in some theorycraft, you can check the Hunter board. For shadow priest and warlock theory you can check How to melt faces effectively for shadow priests, or the warlock compendium.

If you think it's fun. Otherwise just wing it. Smile

We'll post a Karazhan raid post shortly.
Back to top Go down
Tyliena
Tyliena

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeTue 05 Aug 2008, 11:09 am

Raid posted Elishara. Check the calendar/raid forum for details. This could be your trial raid, if you can attend.
Back to top Go down
Manus
Manus

PostSubject: welcome   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 5:02 pm

welcome Stormme/Elishara/Solará/Chewy!!

=)
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bondagefairiessweden
Forian
Forum veteran
Forum veteran

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitimeThu 07 Aug 2008, 6:41 pm

Welcome Elishara and evrybody els of your chars Very Happy
You will be a very nice trebiut to the guild!
// Forian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild application --- accepted ---   Guild application --- accepted --- Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild application --- accepted ---
Page 1 of 1